Monday, April 6, 2009

2008 Jr./Teen Pageant Tryouts

It was early morning, I was so excited while sitting down warming up from the cold outdoors. I had no idea how much fun was about to come while trying out for Junior Miss Rodeo Oregon. It was the day of the pageant and I was ready to have the time of my life.
















After the Pageant Welcome and the Judges Orientation, came the Horsemanship Warm up and Competition. Sadly my horse, Page, had just gotten a bone spur so I used my back up horse, Deuce. She had never been out on rodeo grounds or around cows and loud speakers. She didn't shy much at all. When the warm up was over, the competition began, and it was my turn. I could tell that Deuce had fun, and so did I. She didn't mind the cows or the stands, just where her footing was. I felt like we were flying on the run in, even with her wanting to stop by the gate. But we smiled and went on. It was a lot of fun doing both the required and the pattern I had made.

After the Horsemanship, came the Private Interview and Written Test. I loved this time because this was where you could show your best personality and really get to know the judges. I had a lot of fun with all three judges, who were Raylah Holm, Lucy Rector, and Julie Singer. I enjoyed my conversations with them and had a lot of fun. The test was pretty simple for me, but that's what studying does for you. I loved my outfit, green with pink flowers.

That Night, was the first night of the Santiam Canyon Stampede Rodeo. Riding with the rodeo queens in a run in was so much fun. We also had fun gathering donations for the Breast Cancer Society. It was a lot of fun to see us all in pink supporting the Tough Enough To Wear Pink.

The next morning I got ready for the Cowboy Breakfast. It was so delicious and lots of people were there to enjoy the food. After the breakfast we had pictures with the firefighters, the queens,the judges, and the fire truck.

Then, we had to get ready for the speech and modeling part of the peagent. I had on a teal dress and had so much fun modeling and speaking in front of the people and judges. Everyone did so well on their speeches on what they thought of Oregon. It was a blast!



After that, we had our luncheon and mock T.V. interview with Jim Haynes. He was so nice and it was easy to talk with him. The camera was bright and the people were sweet, it was very cozy too.

After all of that, we did autograph signing and walked around 'till the time came, for the queens to be anounced. We jumped into a beautiful white truck and waved our hands smiling at everybody in the crowds. They announced the Teen Miss first and Stephenie had won! I was so excited, they announced me as winning the Horsemanship, Personality, Photogenic, Appearance, and the 2009 Junior Miss Rodeo Oregon! I was so excited and joyful to have the honor of being your queen.


















No comments: