Monday, April 6, 2009

The Royal Cruise In

It was at the Laurel Ridge Winery, in September 2008. A bright and sunny day. There was such a good turnout. It was nice and quiet and my job was to sell raffle tickets for prizes. Local vendors donated the items to us. While walking around, I looked behind me to see at least 10 cars riding up the road. Even more were on there way, and it was quite a variety of cars. Some colors were calm and others were bright and flashy. I am trying to get Richard to buy some tickets.

















After all the cars were settled in and lunch had been served, Jackie Gibson (2009 Miss Rodeo Oregon) and I started to yell out raffle ticket numbers. We also were secretly looking at which car/truck we were going to pick as the "Queens Choice". We looked around and were getting pictures taken by a very nice man.














While looking at some of the cars, we saw a man pin striping a Huge wine glass. He was very sweet and when it dried, he gave it as a donation to Jackie. It was beautiful.











After the awards were handed out and the cars started to leave, Jackie and I got pictures with the owner- Susan, manager- Doug, and their dog. As well as pictures with Jim, Lynn, and Stephanie from the MRO board. It was such a fun car show. What a wonderful experience for my very first appearance as Junior Miss Rodeo Oregon. I will never forget it.









No comments: